ReFine is a plugin that allows to add a final polishing to your tracks, busses and masters. It extracts psycho-acoustic parameters from the source and thus allows to add warmth, space and punch to your mixes. This is done level dependent and rather subtle; you probably won’t be able to create heavy distortion effects with this plugin.
Version 1.1.0 won’t be compatible with earlier versions but 1.1.0 can be installed alongside previous versions if one of the plugin is renamed. Since the amount of controls isn’t too high migrating shouldn’t be a problem.
The plugin is now open source.
The manual is available here.
Refine can be downloaded on its kvr page.
- 1.2.0: JUCE update.
- 1.1.0: moved plugin to JUCE, added AU format, added x2 toggle.
- 1.0.6: fixed crash in mono instances.
- 1.0.5: fixed CPU issue in Cubase during silence.
- 1.0.3: added support for older VST hosts on Windows, OS X 10.6 support.
- 1.0.2: fixed denormalisation bug.
- 1.0.1: fixed high CPU bug (appeared when silence was put in after a signal).