TinyQ is – as the name suggests – a rather tiny EQ. There are lots of good large EQs around but nothing versatile if simply a few adjustments are needed. The EQ provides the following features:
- 4 bands 20 Hz to 20 kHz, two of them switchable between peak and shelf.
- Butterworth hi- and lo-cut with orders between 6 and 48 dB/octave.
- Toggle (Tiny/Large/Huge) to make it a bit less tiny. Huge mode is new in version 1.5.
- As some may notice the user interface is inspired by a DAW’s channel EQ.
- Set a default size for new instances (new in version 1.5).
- Set default settings for new instances.
- Included frequency analyser.
As the analyser is more CPU consuming than the EQ it is disabled by default. To enable it use the menu shown by right-clicking on the frequency plot.
Version 1.5 now uses IPlug-Youlean and thus don’t have the JUCE Personal License splash screen or the usage analytics any more. Please be aware of the following knwon issues:
- VST3 seems to not show the user interface after a resize on macOS Mojave.
- While the VST2 version 1.5 is compatible with the previous (JUCE) version of the plugin the VST3 and AU plugin isn’t. While the VST3 plugin simply isn’t compatible, the AU plugin will load blank projects that used JUCE versions of the plugin. For that reason, use the JUCE version when working with old projects. These can be downloaded below.
Up to but excluding version 1.5 the plugin was made with JUCE (juce.com) and used JUCE’s Personal License. Due to this it shows a splash screen when it’s opened. Also, the JUCE Personal license requires the product to send (anonymous) usage data to google-analytics. In the download’s zip file is a text file with a few more details. This is only relevant if you use these versions for compatibility. The downloads are available on the kvr page.
TinyQ can be downloaded on its kvr page.
- Fixed spike in frequency response plot when using samplerates other than 44100 Hz
- Added Analyser
- Fixed VST3 state not loaded in Reaper if “Parameter automation notifications” is set to “Process all notifications”
- Improved frequency plot accuracy
- Added global gain (shown instead of size toggle, enable in menu)
- Frequency graph gain range can now be set as +/- 6, 12, 18 and 24 dB
- Sort peak bands by frequency
- Default settings (right-click on frequency graph to show menu)
- Enable band if gain is changed
- Added fine-dragging in frequeny graph (hold shift before selecting a handle)
- Fixed compatibility bug with JUCE version (lo shelf setting wasn’t loaded correctly)
- Improved mouse-drag handling for slope knob
- Fixed bug that might have showed low pass handle in black instead of grey
- 1.5.0: Moved from JUCE to IPlug-Youlean
- 1.0.0-1.0.2: Inital release and various bug fixes